The Latest Headlines
- Miami Heat star LeBron James shouldn't be held to superhuman standards
Just what is it we want from LeBron James? Perfection? A triple-double every game? To be like Mike?
- If nothing else, Phoenix Suns are doing something right by hiring GM and coach together
It was Doug Collins, back when he was the best analyst in basketball at TNT, who once said that NBA teams should hire and fire coaches and general managers as a tandem. Collins, who stepped aside as coach of the 76ers after this past season, still feels the same way.
- Miami Heat top San Antonio Spurs, force Finals Game 7
MIAMI -- For three quarters, it was not LeBron James' finest night. The Miami Heat superstar entered Game 6 of the NBA Finals against the San Antonio Spurs averaging 31.5 points, 10 rebounds and 6.4 assists in 11 elimination games. But entering the fourth quarter Tuesday night, James had missed nine of 12 shots, and the Heat trailed by 10 points.
- Phoenix Suns coach Jeff Hornacek to coach NBA Summer League team
Draft prospects have been impressed on their Suns visits to find Jeff Hornacek being the only NBA head coach to run the draft workouts. Hornacek will follow that up with another rare head-coach move. He will coach his team's entry at the NBA Summer League next month in Las Vegas.
- Offseason withdrawals: I even miss the Phoenix Suns in-game music!
- The Phoenix Suns' soil: Fertile ground or fallow earth?
Last season the Phoenix Suns, mainly deposed GM Lance Blanks, tried to peddle the farcical notion that the team was developing fertile soil for young players to grow. With the NBA draft approaching is the new regime ready to deliver on the promise?
- Phoenix Suns Podcast 27: Eight more days until the draft!
This week's episode includes discussion on the NBA Finals and Suns' assistant coaches/summer league representation, but (of course) is draft heavy with continuing pre-draft workouts, rumors, and risers and fallers at the top of the big boards.
- Phoenix Suns will compete in Summer League tourney with Hornacek and at least 8 roster players
The Phoenix Suns will one of 22 teams participating in the 2013 Summer League, which will feature a new tournament style schedule to anoint the first ever NBA Summer League Champion.