The Latest Headlines
- Barkley bites: Memorable quotes from Charles Barkley during his time with the Phoenix Suns
Charles Barkley was traded to the Phoenix Suns prior to the 1992-93 season. During his time in Phoenix, he was a colorful, quote machine. On his knowledge of history:
- Ex-Phoenix Suns owner Jerry Colangelo counts 1993 Finals near top of his career thrills
Suns fans have a visceral connection to the 1993 NBA Finals. They still hear the swish that accompanied John Paxson's title-winning 3-pointer, still feel the 105-degree heat that baked the city during the celebratory downtown parade. For Jerry Colangelo, the memories are particularly powerful because events on and off the court during that series helped define his legacy.
- 1992-93 Phoenix Suns players talk about the high point of that season
Suns players from the 1992-93 season talk about the high point of that season. -- Danny Ainge: I don't remember any one. I just remember it being as fun a time as I've ever had playing basketball. I thought Coach Westphal did an amazing job of coaching that team and that group of personalities. He was a great fit in his approach. He let players talk. He let players have input. He always said he coached the way he wanted to be coached and we had a very good group. Charles was in great shape and he just made coming to work fun. The guy made me laugh every single day I came to work. KJ was a great player and Dan was a great worker. Just wonderful teammates.
- Phoenix Suns great Charles Barkley speaks
Charles Barkley was the main identifying image during the 1992-93 run to the Finals. We caught up with him recently for an update on his feelings about a few subjects from that memorable Suns era. -- About it being a 20-year anniversary: "Damn, it's been 20 years. It was a spectacular time. Michael Jordan was at the top of his superpowers. It was a great series and just a really cool thing."
- Phoenix Suns 2012-13 Player Review: Hamed Haddadi
Hamed Haddadi just finished his fifth NBA season while participating in 30 games, including 17 for the Phoenix Suns. Unfortunately, the 28 year old Haddadi, who just had a birthday on May 19th, had the second worst year of his career.
- Barkey Blasts Spurs! Twenty years ago today, Charles Barkley hits winner, Phoenix Suns drop Spurs to win Western Semis
- Solar Flares - Open NBA/Suns Thread - On coaching opening, lotto luck, etc
- NBA Draft 2013 Official Combine Measurements, Results, Comparisons: Bigs
Although the top big men in this years draft were all either limited, or missing all together, there were still some stories that came out of the combine. Here is a look at the players who helped and hurt their draft stock this week.